The purpose of this policy is to outline the criteria for determining whether public service announcements broadcast over WGQR-FM meet the standards of WGQR-FM and conform to its mission of providing support and services to churches and Christian ministries.
WGQR-FM operates in a spirit of service to God and the local community. To keep radio and the service it provides free of charge to the community at large, we accept paid advertising from local and national businesses, music promoters, and ministries in exchange for exposure to our extensive audience. Those advertising dollars underwrite the expenses required to operate a radio station - music and federal licensing fees, equipment costs, utilities, etc.
Because we offset costs with commercial support, we regretfully cannot offer free advertising to every organization requesting it. This policy is used assess qualification.Definitions
Public Service Announcement (PSA) - a non-commercial advertisement typically on radio or television, ostensibly broadcast for the public good. The main objective is to raise public awareness about specific issues.
WGQR-FM Public Service Announcement Policy
Public Service Announcements aired over WGQR-FM will comply with the following criteria:
- Promote or inform the listener about ministry programs provided by qualified churches and Christian ministries
- Are from recognized sources such as a local church
- Are outreach-oriented (e.g., a benefit concert featuring donated talent to raise funds for a medical emergency, a church drama or program offered to the public at no charge)
- Are not promoted using any form of paid advertising elsewhere
- Promote existing services, courses, and Christian ministry programs
- Do not sell products or promote third parties, events or programs
Public Service Announcements
- WGQR-FM and Christian Listening Network are not responsible for accuracy within the announcements
- Final decisions about airing Public Service Announcements are made jointly by the WGQR-FM Traffic Director and the General Manager, and will be based on consistency with and support of mission, continuity in program schedule, and balance between ministry organizations
- Public Service Announcements must be submitted in writing, and include adequate contact information
- Public Service Announcements are provided on a space available basis, with no guaranteed minimum exposure
Questions regarding this policy should be addressed to: